Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) 2014 Entrance Exam
Aligarh Muslim University is one of the oldest universities in India. It conducts an entrance exam every year for the admission of the candidates in various undergraduate engineering programs. Below are the full details for the application:
Candidate must have passed XII with an aggregate of 50% marks through C.B.S.E or an equivalent state board.
Candidate must possess a diploma in engineering from AMU in a relevant branch with 50% aggregate.
All the candidates are required to fill the application form online by logging on the official website of AMU thereby creating an account and reading the instructions and filling their form sensibly to avoid the chances of getting rejected. After filling the form and completing registration, candidates are required to obtain a copy of the filled form and can take the print out later on.
Fee for the application form can be paid through two modes:
- Through Demand Draft of Rs.500 in favour of Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh paid at Aligarh.
- Through cash at the office of Finance Officer and thereby required to take the cash receipt for the amount paid.
After this, send both the application form and the cash receipt or Demand Draft to the university address given below.
After the application process is completed, Admit Card is to be downloaded from the official website.
- Exam will be conducted in the last week of April 2014
- 3 hrs exam
- 150 multiple choice questions
- Each question carrying 1 mark
- Negative marking = 0.25 deducted for each wrong answer.
According to AMU norms, 50% of the total seats are reserved for Muslim candidates only. Rest 50% is for all other candidates. No reservation is there except for Muslim candidates only.
RESULT AND COUNSELLING
Result for the entrance exam will be declared in July 2014. All candidates can check their score by visiting the AMU official website http://www.amucontrollerexams.com. They are required to enter their roll no and see their score. A merit list will be generated according to the ranks achieved and the merit holders are called for the counselling through a letter in order of their AMU ranks. Counselling will begin in the second week of July 2014. All the students called on the basis of their ranks have to bring the following documents with them:
- Original Admit Card and 1 Copy
- Original Counselling letter and 1 Copy
- Demand Draft for AMU Counselling fee as mentioned in AMUEEE Prospectus.
- Rank Card of AMUEEE 2014
- Original certificates of Class X and XII with 2 copy both.
- Passport sized photographs not more than 6 months old.
- Medical Fitness Document
- Reservation Certificate
- Application starting – February 2014 last week
- Last Date of application – March 2014
- Exam Date – April 2014 last week
- Counselling –July 2014
CONTACT DETAILSOffice of the Controller of Examinations Administrative Block, AMU Aligarh – 202002 (UP) – India Phone No – 2700920, 2400921, 2700922, 2700923 Website: www.amu.ac.in