PTU Distance Education Admission for 2014-15
PTU Distance Education 2014-15: There is a notification for those students who want to keep their study going on while doing job or other things. Punjab Technical University is providing you the opportunity to fulfill your dream by doing distance education. The admission process of distance education 2014-15 in UG and PG courses are now open for eligible and interested candidates which is approved by the Distance Education Council (DEC).
About Punjab Technical University
The well-known university, Punjab Technical University (PTU) was established on January, 1997 under the act of state Legislature. PTU is located in Jalandhar, Punjab, India. PTU is a state level University which is affiliated by UGC and recognized by AICTE. There are lots of colleges which are affiliated by PTU and there are highly qualified teachers who have been teaching around 4 lakh students every year. Punjab Technical University is one of the largest universities of Punjab with having lots of facilities like hostel, library, sport complex, messes, health care centers and much more. This university provides both, regular education and distance education at its glance.
List of Distance Courses which is provided by PTU:
- Graduate: BCA, DCA, B.Sc. IT, ADHN with the eligibility of 12th passed and the duration of these courses are 3 years.
- Post-Graduate: MBA, M.Sc. IT, MCA with the eligibility of Bachelor’s Degree and the duration of these courses are 2 years.
- Lateral Entry: M.Sc IT, MBA, B.Sc IT, MCA with the eligibility of HSC passed and the duration of these courses are 4 years.
- PG Diploma: PGDBM, PGDCA with the eligibility for theses courses is to do graduate from Govt. Recognized Board and the duration of these courses is 1 year.
PTU Distance Education Admission Process 2014-15
- It is compulsory for students to download brochure along with application form from the official website of PTU, www.ptudep.org.
- It is required to read all the information before filling the application form. And it is suggested to the candidates to fill the form correctly.
- Candidates have to paste there current passport size photograph in the given space and affix some attested copies of required documents.
- Candidates have to make a demand draft of Rs.100/- as application fee in favor of the Registrar, Punjab Technical University, payable at Jalandhar and enclose with the application form and send it to the address given below:
Directorate of Distance Education
Punjab Technical University
Highway near Pushpa Gujral Science City
Kapurthala – 144601, Jalandhar
Phone No.: 94780-98007