BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is conducted by BITS Pilani to the admission for engineering degree course at its campuses in Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa. The main campus of BITSAT is situated in Pilani. Find the described information about BITSAT examination below:
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is usually called BITSAT. It is a University level exam and categorised as UG exam. BITSAT exam is conducted every year by BITS Pilani University.
The application forms for 2014 BITSAT examination has released on December 18, 2013. Click here to check the latest and important dates of BITSAT 2014 examination. Let’s check the facts below about the BITSAT 2014 entrance exams.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2014 Exam:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 by the recognized board to apply the exam.
- Candidates are eligible as well who is appearing for class XII or equivalent in 2014.
- Candidates must have at least 75% marks score in their Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Candidates must have minimum 60% marks score in their each subject.
- Candidates must have practiced with English language.
- Candidates are not eligible who passed 10+2 before 2011.
BITSAT selection in 2014 will be processed on candidate’s class XII marks and performance of BITSAT 2014.
Paper Convention of BITSAT 2014 Examination:
- BITSAT examination is online computer based examination.
- The time duration of exam will be 3 (three) hours with 150 multiple choice questions.
- The exam will be divided into 4 sections, first section is Physics, second is chemistry, third is English Proficiency and the fourth is Maths.
- Each right answer will get 3 marks and 1 mark deducted for each wrong answer.
Application Process of BITSAT 2014 Exams:
Candidates can apply online through BITSAT official website www.bitsadmission.com. The filled application form must be reached at university office with the determined DD (demand Draft) before the last date.
Application Fee of BITSAT 2014
Application Fee of BITSAT 2014 can be paid via Credit / Debit card or online payment or ICICI Bank Echallan and the fee amount will be:
For Men: Rs. 1900
For Women: Rs. 1400
Candidates who is choosing their examination centre Dubai have to pay $50 (Something Rs.3000).
BITSAT 2014 Counselling Process:
- The counselling will be just for 2014 BITSAT exam qualified students on the basis of their merit ranks.
- When BITSAT 2014 Counselling call is announced and the printed copies are submitted to BITS Pilani then candidates will have to apply online.
- Before the seat allotment candidates will have to submit their original certificates for verification.
- The determined fee must be paid to confirm the admission.
BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad and BITS Goa are the Participated Institutes for BITSAT 2014.