ICAI institute of Chartered Accountants Of India has released information regarding the June cycle CPT (Common Proficiency Test) examination 2019. The starting date for the form submission is from 4th April 2019 and it will last till 24th April 2019. The examination for the same is being scheduled on 16 June 2019. The candidates who are searching for the syllabus for their examination and pattern for the same can check here for detailed data.
HOW TO GET YOUR ADMIT CARD FOR CA CPT 2019?
CA CPT June Admit card 2019 Paper 1st & 2nd Exam dates have been finally out. The dates are scheduled to be on 16 June 2019; interested candidates can reach out and start preparing for the judgment day.
The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) is the premium professional body of accountancy of the country established in July 1949.
Every year ICAI conducts exams for the students who want to become CA (Chartered Accountant). The Exam is held two times a year, the first one is going to be in June and later in December 2019 respectively.
Any candidate who enrolled for the ICAI can attempt the exam with ICAI, it’s the Primary Test for the chartered accountancy course.
There are easy ways online to download your admit card:
- First, go to the official website using your credentials at icai.org
- Login in student dashboard.
- Look for the Link “Admit Card Activity”.
- After that click on the link download it and take a print of it, for further process.
EXAMINATION PROCEDURE FOR CA CPT 2019
The course consists of a Primary level test for the Chartered Accountancy Course. It is a test of four subjects: Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude with a simple objective to test the basic knowledge in these subject areas.
The marking scheme of this test is divided into two parts (Section 1 and Section 2) and provided with two hours each, one hour with a break in between. It also consists of negative marking with CPT objective type test. The test will be conducted in both Hindi and English languages. Here’s the twist (the Business Correspondence and Reporting will be done in English medium only).
CA CPT Exam pattern like previously mentioned, Session 1 is for 100 marks and it is divided into two part A and B, both the parts have separated marking Section A consists of 60 marks and Section B consists of 40 marks. Session 2 is also for 100 marks, In Section C: General Economics which consists of 50 marks and later Section D: Quantitative Aptitude which consists of 50 marks.
The examination pattern for the CA CPT examination is as follows:
|Morning||A||Fundamentals of Accounting||60||18|
- A candidate is required to pass the CPT examination and must obtain a minimum of 30% at one sitting in each section and a minimum of 50% aggregate in all sections.
- A negative marking scheme for selecting the wrong answer to the extent of 25% marks allotted to a question.
EXAMINATION SYLLABUS FOR CA CPT 2019
The syllabus and pattern for CA CPT 2019 Subject and Section Wise are provided to you below:
SECTION A: FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCOUNTING
- Meaning and Scope of accounting.
- Accounting Concepts, Principles, and Conventions.
- Accounting Standards–Concepts, Objectives, Benefits.
- Accounting Policies.
- Accounting as a measurement discipline–valuation principles, accounting estimates.
- Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance.
- Capital and revenue expenditures.
- Capital and revenue receipts.
- Contingent assets and contingent liabilities.
- Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.
3.Bank Reconciliation Statement
4.Inventories: Basics of Inventory Valuation and Record Keeping.
6.Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
7.Accounting for Special Transactions:
- Joint Ventures.
- Bills of exchange and promissory notes.
- Sale of goods on approval or return basis.
- Admission of a Partner.
- Retirement and Death of a Partner.
9.Introduction To Company Accounts
SECTION B: MERCANTILE LAW
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of the contract , other essential elements of a valid contract, performance of the contract and breach of contract.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale, Conditions, and Warranties, Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods, Unpaid seller and his rights.
- The India Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership–Rights, and duties of partners–Registration and dissolution of a firm.
SECTION C: GENERAL ECONOMICS
- Introduction to Micro Economics
- Definition, scope, and nature of Economics
- Methods of economic study
- Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand─ Price, income and cross elasticity
- Theory of consumer ’s behavior–Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach
- Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Meaning and Factors of production
- Laws of Production–The Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale
- Concepts of Costs─ Short-run and long-run costs, Average and marginal costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Various forms of markets–Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
- Price determination in these markets.
2.Indian Economic Development:
- Nature of the Indian Economy
- Role of different sectors–Agriculture, Industry, and Services in the development of the Indian economy, their problems and growth
- National Income of India–Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various plans.
- Basic understanding of the tax system of India–Direct and Indirect Taxation
Population–Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth
Poverty–Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation
Unemployment–Types, causes, and incidence of unemployment
Infrastructure─ Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education
Budget and Fiscal deficit.
Balance of payments
Features of economic reforms since 1991
Liberalization, Privatisation and Disinvestment’
Money–Meaning and functions
Commercial Banks–Role and functions
Reserve Bank of India–Role and functions, Monetary policy
SECTION D: QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
- Equations Linear–simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
- Inequalities Graphs of inequalities in two variables─ common region.
- Simple and Compound Interest including annuity─ Applications
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series–Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Sets, Functions, and Relations8.Limits and Continuity─ Intuitive Approach
- Limits and Continuity─ Intuitive Approach
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus(excluding trigonometric functions)
- The statistical description of data:
(a)Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data.(b)Frequency Distribution.(c)Graphical representation of frequency distribution–Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion Arithmetic Mean, Median–Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean, and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation.
Correlation and Regression
Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
Theoretical Distributions (Binomial, Poisson, and Normal.)
Sampling Theory Basic Principles of sampling theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample survey, Some important terms associated with sampling, Types of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
We have provided you with all the necessary details like how to get your to admit card and all the syllabus and its pattern for CA CPT aspirants. For further detailed information check the official link mentioned below: