Allahabad University has invited applications for the interested candidates in order to fill the vacancies issued by the university for various professor positions.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR RECRUITMENT?
All the candidates who are aspiring to be a part of this recruitment process can apply for the same as soon as possible. The candidates can apply for the same via through online mode only. Any other mode of submitting the applications will not be accepted by the authority. Candidates are also advised to read all the information mentioned in the digital application forms before the final submission of the application form.
VACANCIES AVAILABLE FOR ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR RECRUITMENT
There are different vacancies issued for different positions by the staff recruitment in their University. The data for the same is shown below:
POSITIONS AVAILABLE NUMBER OF POSITIONS
- Assistant Professor 330
- Associate Professor 157
- Professor 66
- Associate Professor (CWS) 1
The requirement of the Professor is in the following areas:
- The discipline of Arts.
- The discipline of Humanities.
- The discipline of Education.
- The discipline of Law.
- The discipline of Social Sciences.
- The discipline of Science.
- The discipline of Language.
- The discipline of Library Sciences.
- The discipline of Physical Education.
- The discipline of Sports Education.
- The discipline of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- The discipline of Music.
- The discipline of Performing Arts.
- The discipline of Visual Arts.
- The discipline of Sculpture.
- The discipline of Yoga.
- Occupational Therapy Teachers.
- Physiotherapy Teachers.
NOTE: The requirements and the eligibility is the same for the areas mentioned above and the requirements mentioned below. The candidate must keep in mind the subjects they are applying for and the requirements differ from subject to subject but the qualifications remain the same in their own disciplined subject.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR RECRUITMENT?
The candidates who are applying for the recruitment in the Allahabad University must know a piece of detailed information about the eligibility criteria required to be part of the University.
- The candidate must have attained a master’s degree with at least 55% marks or something equivalent to it which carries the same grading system, in any concerned subject from any recognized/reputed institution of India or something equivalent to it from any foreign accredited university.
- Other than the above-mentioned qualification, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR or it can be some sort of similar test conducted by the UGC like SET OR SLET.
- Or, if the candidate does not fulfill the second point requirement than he/she must have attained a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC regulations 2009, 2016 and their amendments from time to time as then the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET.
There are still some requirements for the Ph.D. holders, the candidates must have registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 2011. This shall be governed by the provisions of the existing ordinances or bye-laws or regulations of the institution awarding the degree to the candidate.
The candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for the recruitment and the appointment of the Assistant Professor or equivalent position in the institution subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions.
- The Ph.D. degree must be awarded to the candidate on a regular mode.
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners.
- The open Ph.D. viva has been taken by the Institute of the candidate.
- The candidate must have published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work.
- The candidate must have presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/sponsored seminars/supported by UGC or any other agency.
The fulfillment of these eligibility has to be confirmed by the Dean of the university concerned.
The candidates attaining the degree from the foreign university must have the below-shown eligibility:
- The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university or institute with a ranking among 500 in the World University Ranking by any one of the following:
1.Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
2.The Times Higher Education (THE).
3.The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
NOTE: The academic scoring of the as specified in Appendix 2 (Table 3 A) for universities, and Appendix 2 (Table 3B) for colleges, should be considered for shortlisting of the candidates for the only interview, and the selections of the candidates will be based on the performance given by the candidates in the interview.
- The candidate must have attained a good academic record along with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned disciplines.
- The candidate must have attained a master’s degree with at least 55% marks in the concerned discipline.
- The candidate must have attained at least 8 years of experience or in teaching or in the academic/research position equivalent to that of the assistant professor in the university.
- The candidate must be an eminent scholar attaining a Ph.D. degree in the concerned discipline and had published a high-quality work and had actively engaged in research of the published work with at least 10 publications in the peer-reviewed and had attained a total research score of 120 as per the criteria are given in Appendix II Table 2.
- The candidate must have attained at least 10 years of experience in teaching in any university or institution or he/she had attained experience as a researcher at an equivalent university level or national level institution with having evidence of guiding the doctoral candidate.
- The candidate must be an outstanding professional who had attained a Ph.D. degree in the relevant discipline from any academic institution and also must have also contributed the knowledge in that particular subject/discipline which must be supported by the documentary evidence of the candidate for 10 years of experience.
SENIOR PROFESSOR IN THE UNIVERSITY:
- The candidate must be an eminent scholar with a good track record of high-quality research publications in UGC listed journals and had significant research contribution to the discipline, engaged in research supervision.
- The candidate must have attained at least ten years of experience in teaching/ research professor or an equivalent grade in the university at the national level.
- The selection of the candidate is based on his/her academic achievements and a favorable review from any three eminent subject experts who are not less than the rank of a Senior Professor or a Professor with 10 years of experience.
- The selection is also based on the best ten publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC listed journals and award of Ph.D. degree to at least two candidates under his/her supervision.
COLLEGE PROFESSOR AND PROFESSOR:
- The candidate must have attained a Ph.D. degree in the concerned subject.
- The candidate must have attained an experience of 15 years as an associate professor in any college/university.
- The candidate must have attained a minimum of 10 research peer-reviewed publications.
- The candidate must have a minimum research score of 110 as per Appendix II.
Tenure: The college principal shall be appointed for the time period of five years and it can be extended according to the performance of the principal.
An existed senior faculty member can be designated as Vice-Principal by the governing body of college on the recommendation of the Principal, for a time period of two years. The appointed vice principal can be assigned specific activities by the principal and he/she can also run the institution as a principal in case of an emergency, where the principal could not handle the office.
APPLICATION FEES FOR ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR RECRUITMENT
|CATEGORY||FEES||FACILITATION CHARGES||TOTAL AMOUNT|
|UR, EWS, SEBC (OBC)||Rs.1000/-||Rs.50/-||Rs.1050/-|
|Those who have applied earlier against Advt. UoA/Asst Prof/02/2017||NIL||Rs.50/-||Rs.50/-|
DATES TO REMEMBER
|Date of uploading of detailed Advertisement and Online Registration||23.04.2019
|Submission of Application Fee Begins from||25.04.2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||20.05.2019|
|Last date of final submission of Online Application Form||22.05.2019|
We have provided you with all the detailed and necessary information related to the recruitment process at Allahabad University. To keep yourself updated with the recruitment details for the same bookmark our page and do check the official site of the university on a regular basis.
Official Website: http://www.allduniv.ac.in/ or http://allduniv.ac.in/home/page/526