Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) had invited candidates for the post of Civil Service under Advertisement No.08 of 2015-16. Those candidates who had successfully completed their registration process are all waiting for their Odisha PSC Civil Service Pre Exam Admit Card 2015. Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website of Odisha Public Service Commission, www.opsc.gov.in.
OPSC Civil Service Pre Exam Admit Card 2015:
Authority will upload its OPSC Civil Service Pre Exam Admit Card 2015 before 10 to 15 days of written examination. Without a valid Admit Card, authority will not allow any candidate to enter into the examination hall because in admit card, authority will provide some important information related to candidate and examination.
Couple of Details Regarding OPSC Civil Service Pre Exam 2015:
Name of the Organization: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
Name of the Post: Civil Service
Date of OPSC Pre-Exam: November 8, 2015
Pre-Exam Admit Card Status: Available Shortly
|Name of The Post||Pay Scale|
|Category – I|
|Odisha Administrative Service, Group-A (JB)||Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39, 100 + G.P. Rs. 5,400 (PB-3)|
|Odisha Police Service, Group-A (JB)||Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39, 100 + G.P. Rs. 5,400 (PB-3)|
|Category – II|
|Odisha Co-operative Service, Group-B (ARCS/AGCS)||Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 34,800 + G.P. Rs. 4,600 (PB-2)|
|Odisha Revenue Service, Group-B||Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 34,800 + G.P. Rs. 4,600 (PB-2)|
|Odisha Taxation & Accounts Service, Group-B||Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 34,800 + G.P. Rs. 4,600 (PB-2)|
Mode of Selection:
Selection will be held on the basis of candidate’s performance in Main Exam and Personality Test but first candidates have to clear Preliminary Examination to proceed for next step that is Main Examination. After Main Examination, candidates have to score minimum qualifying marks to proceed for next step that is Personality Test or Interview.
Note: Authority will not count Preliminary Examination marks for ranking.
Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization
- Current event of National and International Importance
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Economic and Social Development – sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiative etc.
- General Science
- Logical Reasoning and Analytic ability
- General Mental Ability
- English Language Comprehension Skills (Class-X level)
- Interpersonal Skills including communication skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude) (Class-X level). Data interpretation (Charts, Graphs, Tables, Data Sufficiency etc. — Class-X level)