Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union invites unmarried male Indian nationals for recruitment of the post of Navik (General Duty). Eligible and qualified candidates can apply for this post on or before the last date of online registration i.e. July 10, 2016. Candidates can apply for this recruitment from the official website of Indian Coast Guard, www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
The Indian Coast Guard is a multi-mission organization and conducts real life operations at sea every year. For effective control and command, the Maritime Zones of India are divided into five Coast Guard Regions, namely North-West, West, East, North-East and Andaman & Nicobar with the respective Regional Headquarters which is located at Mumbai, Gandhinagar, Kolkata, Chennai and Port Blair. These regions are commanded by Officers of the rank of Inspector General.
Couple of Details Regarding this Recruitment:
Candidate must pass 10+2 with aggregate of 50% marks in total and minimum 50% in each subject such as Mathematics and Physics from any recognized educational board of Central/ State Government.
- Minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years and maximum age should be 22 years and candidate must not be born earlier than February 1, 1995 and not later than January 31, 1999.
- Upper age relaxation is also applicable for SC/ST candidates for 5 years and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Authority will pay Rs. 5,200 to 20,200 along with Grade Pay of Rs. 2,000. In addition, Kit Maintenance, Dearness Allowance and other liberal allowance will be permissible.
- The online applications will be sorted according to Centre wise and the examination test is planned in the month of Aug/Sep 2016 by the official authority.
- Based on the performance in Written Examination, shortlisted candidates will be called for medical examination in a ratio decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
List of Documents:
With below given documents candidates are required to appear at the examination centre:
- Three copies of pre-filled online application form.
- Original of 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original of 12th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Candidate must have regional proof of residence, issued by Tehsildar/ Sub District Magistrate/ District Magistrate.
- Candidate must have identity proof such as driving license, passport, voter ID card/Adhar card or any other identity proof with photograph.
- Ten recent passport size colored photographs.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of Indian Coast Guard, joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- You can see “Opportunity” button on the top of this page.
- Click on it and a page will appear on your screen.
- At the end of this page you have to fill some information and click on “I Agree” button.
- After clicking on it, another page will appear on your screen on which you have to fill all your details to apply for this post.
- After filling the entire asked information, click on “Submit” button.
- On successful submission of online application a unique registration/ application number will be generated for the candidates. Candidates must note down that number for future use.
- Candidates can take print out of the Admit Card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from July 20, 2016 to July 31, 2016 onwards.
Note: All star (*) marked categories are compulsory.
June 28, 2016– Online application starts.
July 10, 2016– Online application ends.
July 20 to July 31, 2016– Download Admit Card
August/ September 2016– Expected month of Examination